We have PH!
OK--this was more detailed the first time I wrote it. I somehow erased everything. We have been to the civil affairs office to pick up our new brother and he is a great kid! Talking like crazy until I put the voice recognition translator in front of his face... then he only says "Hi" because that's what I said to demo it. He has taught me how to say "Wait" in Chinese.
He and L. are watching Tom and Jerry in Chinese right now and cracking up. He calls L. "Di Di" (little brother) and me "American Ma ma"!
He is a busy guy, just like all of the rest of our guys--he should fit right in.
His foster mother was able to accompany him to the Civil Affairs office this morning--wonderful to be able to meet her. She is a beautiful woman and had made him hand made pajamas and hand embroidered inserts for his shoes. His foster father had gotten him a big remote control helicopter and I am struggling right now to get that thing charged and working.
Let's see if we can give you some photos of our day!
Congratulations! It looks like everything is going well so far. Looking forward to the rest of your journey.
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy for everyone, congratulations!! Glad the initial transition has been good.
ReplyDeleteox,
Melanie